Firstly, What is Keratin?
Keratin is a type of fibrous protein that is the main structural component of hair, nails, and the outer layer of the skin in humans. It provides strength, flexibility, and resilience to these tissues.
In hair, keratin is produced by specialized cells called keratinocytes located in the hair follicle. As the hair grows, these keratinocytes produce and deposit keratin along the length of the hair shaft, which gives hair its characteristic strength and texture.
Hair keratin can be damaged by various external factors such as heat, product overload, and physical stress, leading to hair breakage, frizz, and other hair problems. To maintain healthy hair, it's important to nourish and protect the hair keratin through a healthy diet, gentle hair care practices, and the use of protective products such as keratin treatments!
What are the benefits of Keratin Treatment
Keratin treatments can provide a number of benefits for your hair, including:
- Smoothing and straightening: Keratin treatments can help to smooth out frizz and reduce curl, leaving the hair looking sleek and straight.
- Improved manageability: Keratin treatments can make the hair easier to manage and style, reducing the time and effort required to achieve a desired look.
- Increased shine: Keratin treatments can help to increase shine, leaving it looking healthy and radiant.
- Reduced breakage: Keratin treatments can help to strengthen the hair and reduce breakage, which can be especially beneficial for those with damaged or over-processed hair.
- Long-lasting results: Keratin treatments can provide long-lasting results, with some treatments such as Pure Revival lasting up to several months.
Salon Vs Store-Bought Keratin
Salon keratin treatments can be expensive, especially if you're getting a high-quality treatment from a reputable stylist. The cost of a salon keratin treatment can vary depending on a number of factors, including the location of the salon, the experience and expertise of the stylist, the type and quality of the product used, and the length and thickness of your hair.
Salon-grade quality keratin products are typically formulated with higher concentrations of keratin and other high-quality ingredients, which makes them more effective at repairing and strengthening hair compared to store-bought keratin products.
Salon-keratin can also be tailored to the treatment of the individual's hair type, condition, and desired outcome, and applied in a way to maximise its benefits.
That being said, high-quality store-bought keratin products exist that can be effective at repairing and strengthening hair. Pure Revival was developed to bridge the gap in the market between expensive salon-grade treatments and at-home treatments! As supermarket Keratin does not provide the same results, Pure revival will deliver the same results as a salon treatment.
Pure Revival uses Hydrolysed Keratin. Hydrolysed keratin is a protein that has been broken down into smaller peptides, making it easier to penetrate the hair shaft and provide benefits to your hair.
Pure Revival brings salon-grade strength customisable keratin treatment to your home, saving you a lot of money whilst achieving great results. Pure Revival comes in 3 different strengths 0%, 5% and 12% unlike store-bought keratin products which have less keratin and don’t have long-lasting effects.
What are the benefits to at-home keratin?
With Pure Revival you can be rest assured that the quality of the product is similar to that of a salon which has high amounts of hydrolysed keratin. Our treatment also lasts for months. Here are other benefits to choosing at-home keratin:
- Cost: At-home keratin treatments are less expensive than salon treatments. At-Home Keratin is more affordable than paying for a professional treatment at a salon.
- Convenience: With an at-home keratin treatment, you can do it at your own convenience, without having to schedule an appointment at a salon. This can save you time and money on transportation and parking costs associated with going to a salon.
- Flexibility: With an at-home treatment, you have more control over the application process and can customise the treatment to suit your hair type and condition. You can also perform the treatment more frequently or less frequently depending on your needs and budget.
It's important to carefully follow the instructions provided with the product and take any necessary safety precautions such as a 24h patch test.
The results of a keratin treatment will typically fade over time as the hair grows out and is exposed to heat, humidity, and other environmental factors. It is therefore recommended to repeat the process every 3 months.
So why spend a fortune on salon keratin treatments when you can achieve the same results at home? Try our hydrolysed keratin products today and experience the difference for yourself. We guarantee you'll be impressed with the results!
We prepared a guide to help you find out which Keratin is most suitable for your hair, available here:
Pure Revival Team